If you are only going to use one thing on your skin, it should be retinol. Retinol is a synthetic derivative of vitamin A, the group of fat-soluble vitamins common in carrots, eggs and sweet potatoes. A primary benefit of these products is younger-looking skin. Studies found that a 0.1 percent retinol product reduced the appearance of wrinkles on the cheeks by 63.74 percent and the eye area by 38.74 percent after 12 weeks of use.
Another benefit to increased cell turnover is fewer breakouts. As cells are regenerated, pores are unclogged and acne can clear. Retinol is a gold-standard ingredient in skin care because it alters the behavior of aged cells so they act in a more youthful manner.
Our 1.25% Retinol serum also includes Bakuchiol, a plant-derived retinol mimicking compound that is much more easily tolerated than retinol alone. The strongest over-the-counter (OTC) retinol is 2%. Our formula is strong enough to see timely results, yet when piggy backed with Bakuchiol it is much more easily tolerated by most if not all skin types.
These two powerhouse ingredients when used together delivers younger looking skin as well as provides the following:
- Visible anti-aging benefits such as preventing wrinkles due to its minimizing effects, as well as smoothing out existing fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps regulate oil production and minimize breakouts
- Fades dark age spots, sun spots and hyperpigmentation and evens out complexion over time
- Brightens dull skin by exfoliating at a cellular level which results in smoother new skin
- Stimulates the production of new blood vessels in the skin which improves overall skin tone
How to Use:
In the evening after cleansing, apply a pea-sized amount to the face. First time users should apply to dry skin as damp skin will intensify the depth of absorption. Initially use only twice per week to see if reddening or peeling occurs. This is not a reaction, but rather your skin cells turning over at a faster rate, decreasing oil production, and helping skin to exfoliate. This is normal and will subside upon continued use and moisturizing. Once serum is dry, continue with skincare routine.
**Please note: DO NOT use at the same time as Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid). May be alternated on different evenings or at opposite times of day.